Join the BCAMA (re)VISION 2021 Team!
Position: Speaker Support & Logistics Manager, (re)VISION 2021 Committee
We are looking for an extraordinary volunteer to assist the BCAMA’s Director of Vision with the planning and execution of the (re)Vision Conference between December 2020 and April 2021.
Vision, BCAMA’s flagship conference, has brought engaging content to British Columbia’s marketing community for over 35 years. In 2020, the conference went virtual for the first time and was rebranded as (re)VISION Virtual Conference, a two half-day event. With (re)VISION thematic development underway, it promises to be an exciting, hard-hitting and inspiring virtual event. Come be a part of the success! Join us and show us your top-notch skills, build your resume, meet and work with like-minded, smart, hard-working and motivated marketers like you.
About the Role:
- Number of positions: 1
- Reports to: Director of Vision 2021
- Coordinate with conference Director in developing conference thematic and speaker outreach plan
- Lead speaker management team, ensuring all event timelines are met
- Develop and manage speaker selection criteria and final speaker list
- Manage speaker relationship from booking to post event
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager to ensure Speaker’s information, biography, press releases, advertising are accurate and effectively promote the speakers to the marketing community and our prospective attendees.
- Responsible for reviewing, and managing speaker contracts
- Review speaker’s slides (presentation) to ensure compliance with quality standards, audio visual design, length
- Coordinate with the event management team to finalize speaker schedule and develop moderator scripting
- Coordinate pre-event platform testing and speaker rehearsals with Event Management team and ensure that all Speaker requirements are met
- Understand all risks and minimize risks (speaker no show, illness, accident, laptop failure and ensure backup systems are online, functioning and test backup systems).
- Ensure speaker introductions, speech, Q&A, audience interaction, post-event activities run smoothly
- Meet regularly with (re)VISION team (by conference call or in person) i.e., once per month initially with frequency increasing closer to event date in April
- Goal oriented self-starter with proactive organizational skills and “Can do” attitude
- Client service oriented
- Collaborative team player
- Proficient in basic word processing, spreadsheets, and database systems
- Willingness to help others as a problem solver, displaying servant leadership is ideal
- Virtual event management and speaker management experience will be considered an asset
- Meet with like‐minded committee members and marketing professionals
- Attend the (re)VISION 2021 event
- Opportunity to attend select BCAMA Social Events, virtually
- Networking opportunities
- Build up your marketing and business development portfolio for your resume
- Increase your access to opportunities within BCAMA
- Strong letter of reference or testimonial from BCAMA/Manager
- December 2020 – April 2021
- Estimated time:
- December 2020 – February 2021: 4 ‐ 8 hours per week
- March – April 2021: up to 15 hours per week
- Availability on event day is mandatory (Tentatively April 15/16, 2021)
How To Apply
To submit your application for this role, click Apply Now below which will take you to a web form. Tell us which role you are most interested in volunteering for at (re)VISION Virtual Conference? We look forward to receiving your application!