Join the BCAMA (re)VISION 2021 Team!
Position: Event Coordinator, (re)VISION 2021 Committee
We are looking for an extraordinary volunteer to assist the BCAMA’s Director of Vision with the planning and execution of the (re)Vision Conference between December 2020 and April 2021.
Vision, BCAMA’s flagship conference, has brought engaging content to British Columbia’s marketing community for over 35 years. In 2020, the conference went virtual for the first time and was rebranded as (re)VISION Virtual Conference, a two half-day event. With (re)VISION thematic development underway, it promises to be an exciting, hard-hitting and inspiring virtual event. Come be a part of the success! Join us and show us your top-notch skills, build your resume, meet and work with like-minded, smart, hard-working and motivated marketers and/or activation/event/experiential planners like you.
About the Role:
- Number of positions: 1
- Reports to: Event Manager
- Supports the planning and managing of event logistics, platforms, and event programming
- Oversees the development of materials for event including run of show, attendee guide, presentation slides, pre-event attendee communication, event landing page, trouble-shooting documents, feedback surveys and post event reports
- Works closely with MarCom Team, to obtain updated digital assets as required for event platforms
- Develop moderator scripting with the support of Speaker Management Team and event Moderator(s)
- Test and support all technology related aspects of event execution, including securing and developing event platform, coordinating speaker rehearsals, and leading day of platform troubleshooting, to ensure an optimal attendee experience
- Meet regularly with (re)VISION team (by conference call or in person) i.e., once per month initially with frequency increasing closer to event date in April
- Goal oriented self-starter with proactive organizational skills and “Can do” attitude
- Client service oriented
- Collaborative team player
- Proficient in basic word processing, spreadsheets, and database systems
- Virtual event production experience will be considered an asset
This is a volunteer role that offers the following benefits
- Meet with like‐minded committee members and marketing professionals
- Attend the (re)VISION 2021 event
- Opportunity to attend select BCAMA Social Events, virtually
- Networking opportunities
- Build up your marketing and business development portfolio for your resume
- Increase your access to opportunities within BCAMA
- Strong letter of reference or testimonial from BCAMA/Manager
- December 2020 – April 2021
- Estimated time:
- December 2020 – February 2021: 4 ‐ 8 hours per week
- March – April 2021: up to 15 hours per week
- Availability on event day is mandatory (Tentatively April 15/16, 2021)
How To Apply
To submit your application for this role, click Apply Now below which will take you to a web form. Tell us which role you are most interested in volunteering for at (re)VISION Virtual Conference? We look forward to receiving your application!