Join the leadership team of British Columbia’s leading marketing association! Reporting to the President, the President Elect is part of the board executive, and oversees programming portfolios (Marketer of the Year, Education Series, Networking Socials, Thought Leadership Series, Vision Conference, and Senior Executive Program). This means overseeing:
1. The successful execution and implementation of the various portfolios outlined above, ensuring that these align with the strategy and vision of the BCAMA, and meet annual KPIs set out by the board.
2. Excellence in programming as determined by attendance, satisfaction scores, etc. Events need to meet the “hot topic, hot speaker, hot brand” criteria.
In this role, you’ll be supported by the BCAMA board, volunteers, office and accounting staff, and fellow members of the executive. While this is an unpaid position, there are many perks associated with the role, such as the ability to attend events and conferences, including AMA retreats and summits. BCAMA is a non-profit, per the BC Societies Act.
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and overall direction for programming teams.
• Work with the executive team to develop and deploy policy.
• Work with the executive and directors to establish yearly objectives at the annual strategy meeting.
• Oversee the execution of director’s key deliverables against approved budgets, ensuring tracking and measurement through the dashboard, managing communications and operations through the BC AMA Google accounts.
• Provide direction and support that enables direct reports to execute their deliverables and budgets.
• Assume tasks of any direct report that leaves their role and recruit for a replacement.
• Work with directors to ensure succession planning for their portfolios.
• Work with President and executive on board member recruitment and placement.
• Assist in the orientation of new board members.
• Attend board, and executive meetings (prior to board meeting).
• Facilitate monthly meetings or check-ins with team.
• Attend Mid-Year Retreat and Annual Leadership Summit
• Actively participate in the annual planning session and support the President.
• Actively foster collaboration among directors across the entire BCAMA board
• Focus on elements of Board in the Box and the Chapter Officers Guide to carry out duties to meet AMA requirements.
• Candidates must have worked in a position within an organization that liaises with senior executives
• Preferred candidate will have 10+ years of experience in a senior role in their organization
• Have experience in managing programs within an organization from inception to execution
• Experience leading a large cross-functional team, of five or more
• Experience managing competing priorities with a variety of focus
• Experience in “rolling up your sleeves” to get the job done
• Managing and adhering to budgets
• Served on the board for at least 2 years as a Director, Served as Vice-President for 1 year
• Marketing or advertising background (education and/or work)
• Knowledge/experience of working in a not-for-profit environment and “working” board environment
• Self-starter with a positive, outgoing and energetic attitude
• Comfortable proactively approaching and engaging senior executives
• Excellent communication skills
• High level strategic management skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and open communications with board members and potential committee members
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
• Demonstrated ability to pitch and present to all levels of an organization, in particular senior executives
• Demonstrated ability to identify new prospects
• Must have the ability to work both independently and to be a team player
(Required of all BCAMA Directors)
• BCAMA directors must be a member of good standing with the organization, and meet qualifications outlined in our bylaws (ex: 18 years of age; not convicted of an offence involving fraud)
• Recruit, manage, and inspire committee managers and members.
• Act as an ambassador of the BCAMA, connecting with members of the marketing community to promote BCAMA benefits and initiatives, including events.
• Develop relationships with members through one-on-one ambassador assignments (with profile matching).
• Open opportunities to new partnerships (sponsorships) for the BCAMA
• Attend minimum 80% of monthly Board meetings
• Attend and support BCAMA events throughout the year
• Help promote all BCAMA events through their network
Interested In Learning More?
To learn more about this position or to schedule a brief call to discuss the role in greater detail, we invite you to reach out to Trina Notman (President, BCAMA).