If you live and breathe social media marketing, we want to talk to you. We’re seeking an experienced Social Media Manager to manage the BCAMA’s social media strategy. You have a passion for engaging and attracting audiences. You utilize creative thinking and analytics to improve post engagement. You are a self-starter, with an ability to sense a need, research possibilities and follow through on strategies.
The BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association (BCAMA) is a non-profit organization that brings together marketers from all industries and disciplines to connect, learn, and be inspired. Since 1955, the BCAMA has provided professionals from across all sectors — from tech and CPG to agency and corporate — with the opportunities and resources to advance their careers. With over 350 active members, and close ties to a network of over 3,000 BC marketing, advertising, and communications professionals, the BCAMA is an established association of like-minded marketers who all aim for a singular pursuit: success.
Volunteering with the BCAMA provides ample opportunity to form strong connections with other marketers, develop new skills, and give back to your community.
- Develop and execute a social media plan that consistently grows our online community and elevates our content and brand story.
- Manage a team of Social Media Specialists to
- Plan the social media content calendar.
- Manage publishing on BCAMA’s social media platforms, including but not limited to the BCAMA blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Oversee community growth and engagement.
- Collaborate with other portfolios (BCAMA Event teams) to create and schedule content promoting upcoming BCAMA events.
- Attend (and/or coordinate with specialists to attend) BCAMA events. Promote event on social media through live tweets, Instagram stories, etc.
- Serve as a liaison in any social media executions with partners to ensure alignment on goals and performance.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Capture, measure and report on the success of the team’s work and key KPIs.
- 3-5 years’ proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms for professional use including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Creative mind that brings fresh ideas to the table
- Experience with event marketing (asset)
THE TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience using Hootsuite
- Experience using Google Suite – Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
- Good photo editing skills to create eye-grabbing images for social networks
THE NEXT STEPS
Does this role sound like something you’d be terrific at? If so, we want to talk to you.
The Apply Now button below will lead you to a web form. Submit your interest using this form. Tell us why you’re perfect for this role and include your LinkedIn profile, resume or any portfolio of work that reflects what you are capable of.