The Director of Vision Conference is primarily responsible for managing the VISION Conference, our flagship annual marketing conference (typically occurring in April / May). The Vision conference brings together provocative and visionary speakers who are recognized internationally for pushing the boundaries of marketing.
Like all of our Director roles, this position results in automatic inclusion onto the BCAMA Board. As such, the Director of Vision Conference will also need to attend our monthly board meetings and adhere to all charters of our non-for-profit association.
- Responsible for creating and executing the overall strategy for VISION.
- Create an effective project plan, working backwards from the event date identify key milestones and tasks. Within this plan is a promotional plan and key event coordination dates.
- Recruit and manage keynote speakers.
- Recruit and manage team of volunteers to build a working committee and conduct weekly conference calls to review key deliverables and the project plan.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Executive.
- Keep track of event finances (working with Finance Director).
- Provide VISION editorial for blogs and provide overall briefing documents for communications.
- Liaising with other portfolios to ensure of their participation at the start of the planning process e.g.: Communications, Sponsorship etc.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years work experience in senior level management; event management experience is also necessary.
- Candidates must have experience managing teams.
- Experience participating on a “working” board.
- Ambitious, achievement-oriented mindset with a penchant for creative thinking and innovation.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Strong project management skills – Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent team building and management experience.
- Positive, outgoing and energetic attitude.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent negotiations skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Interested In Learning More?
To learn even more about this position or to schedule a brief call to discuss the role in greater detail, we invite you to reach out to Trina Notman (President, BCAMA).