Become a key member of the BCAMA board managing the Thought Leadership Series. The TLS is comprised of 3-4 luncheons throughout the year, typically hosted at the Vancouver Club. The series is generally run in panel format, and brings together market leaders to discuss topics of current and future interest to BC’s marketing community.
The Director is responsible for strategic leadership in developing the Thought Leadership (TLS), and will manage the sales and operations of the event with profit and loss accountability. The Director will work with the Directors responsible for Marketing & Communications, Sponsorship & Business Development, and Membership and the BCAMA Office, to ensure coordination and execution. Taking responsibility for sales and production, and making sure all communication is clear and straightforward, the Director will manage the processes and raise the bar.
- Develop an annual plan for the TLS portfolio, including objectives and KPIs.
- Manage portfolio budget as outlined by the executive and approved by the board.
- Oversee delivery across the board, including establishing and implementing realistic project plans and budgets, management and execution, and being the main point of contact for vendor and stakeholder relationships.
- Plan events and select speakers strategically based on market needs that will reflect BC AMA’s position as the authoritative resource for the marketing community in BC.
- Manage and develop a team.
- Plan resources and coordinate the TLS team to ensure operational success.
- Support in new business development and sponsor activation when required.
Based on the portfolio for Thought Leadership, it is suggested that the Director consider building a team comprised of:
- One logistics manager responsible for booking and liaising with the venue.
- One to two volunteers to assist with sponsorship activation and speaker coordination.
- Any other positions as presented in the project plan and budget, based on the scale and requirements of the event.
Note: the BCAMA has a large database of volunteers to assist with the team recruitment process.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years work experience in mid to senior-level management.
- Event management experience is necessary.
- Experience in the field of marketing is necessary.
- Candidates must have experience managing teams.
- Experience participating on a “working” board is an asset.
- Ambitious, achievement-oriented mindset with a penchant for creative thinking and innovation.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and speaking.
- Strong project management skills – Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments to a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent team building and management experience.
- Positive, outgoing and energetic attitude.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Negotiation and presentation skills.
Additional Requirements (Required of all BCAMA Directors)
- BCAMA directors must be a member of good standing with the organization, and meet qualifications outlined in our bylaws (ex: 18 years of age; not convicted of an offence involving fraud).
- Recruit, manage, and inspire committee managers and members.
- Act as an ambassador of the BCAMA, connecting with members of the marketing community to promote BCAMA benefits and initiatives, including events.
- Develop relationships with members through one-on-one ambassador assignments (with profile matching).
- Open opportunities to new partnerships (sponsorships) for the BCAMA.
- Attend minimum 80% of monthly Board meetings.
- Attend and support BCAMA events throughout the year.
- Help promote all BCAMA events through their network.
- Commit to 2 years in this portfolio.
Vice President OR President Elect (Programming)
Interested In Learning More?
To learn even more about this position or to schedule a brief call to discuss the role in greater detail, we invite you to reach out to Trina Notman (President, BCAMA).