In a Nutshell
Be the difference in someone’s career! Being the Director of Mentorship with the BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association (BCAMA) means that you lead our successful Level Up Mentorship Program.
This program was born out of a desire to develop more of the best kinds of leaders. Leaders who care about people. We partner with Royal Roads University to help us deliver meaningful monthly content on a wide range of topics to build those important skills that will help individuals level up in their careers. And it works! We have so many success stories and with you at the helm we will have so many more!
Reporting to the Director of Board Operations, the Director of Mentorship is a key member of the Board of Directors, ensuring the successful execution of the Level Up Mentorship Program. The program runs in 6 month cohorts. The next cohort is set to run from September 2022 to February 2023.
The Director of Mentorship has the following responsibilities:
- Build the Mentorship Committee ensuring the right people are in the right roles. (ie: Mentorship Manager, Events Manager, Sponsorship Manager)
- All roles are to be determined and set by the Director of Mentorship.
- Ensure the Education Sponsor, Royal Roads University (RRU) is satisfied with sponsorship.
- Work with RRU staff to maintain and disseminate monthly learning theme content through the monthly Level Up Mentorship emails.
- Work with BCAMA Administration to send out these monthly emails to the mentorship cohort.
- Lead the recruitment of 10 to 12 mentors for the program.
- Many mentors decide to return so this number can be much less.
- Working with the BCAMA Marketing and Communications team to include content in social and email.
- For mentors it requires asking people you know are the type of leaders we want to take part and asking them to recommend other like-minded leaders..
- Lead the recruitment of 10 to 12 mentees for the program.
- For mentees, it requires working with the BCAMA Marketing and Communications team to include content in social and email.
- Ensure the Level Up Mentorship Guidebook is updated and disseminated through the BCAMA Administrator for each cohort.
- Lead the maintenance of the mentorship page on the BCAMA website.
- Lead the creation and execution of the Mentorship Speed Networking event to kick off the program. This is where mentees meet with all mentors for a short amount of time to determine fit.
- Lead the creation and execution of value-add Mentorship events.
- Past events have included CliftonStrengths facilitated by our BCAMA sponsor PeerSpectives, Linkedin training and happy hour social mixers.
- Develop and manage a portfolio budget, and KPIs.
- Act as an ambassador for the BCAMA including networking with members, BC’s marketing community including senior marketers, and potential sponsors and speakers to communicate BCAMA benefits, initiatives and events. Creating connections that lead to growth – in membership, event attendance, sponsorship and/or engagement with BCAMA content.
The Time Commitment
As a member of the BCAMA Board, it is estimated that this role will require on average 4-6 hours per week, with periods of elevated activities leading up to events. Commitment includes attendance excellence at monthly Board meetings at a minimum.
Being on the BCAMA Board
The BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association (BCAMA) provides inspiration, guidance and resources to advance the professional development and careers of BC’s marketing community by fostering thought leadership, learning and career and social connections. Being on the BCAMA board means you are connected to the larger community while also being part of a close-knit team of like-minded marketers who care about this organization and each other. Positivity, fun and supporting one another are priorities.
The Director of Mentorship is in a leadership position on the board of a non-profit society. Candidates for this role should have a strong combination of the following types of experience.
- Marketing experience 5+ years within an organization.
- Mentoring experience formal or informal.
- Managing programs from inception to execution and managing cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience participating on a Board of Directors is an asset.
- Marketing or advertising background (education and/or work).
- Providing leadership, coaching and guidance to a volunteer team of high-performing individuals.
- Self-starter with a positive, outgoing and energetic attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- High-level strategic management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and open communications with board members and potential committee members.
- Connecting with and influencing board members, volunteers, AMA members and BC’s marketing community. Creating connections that lead to growth.
How to Apply
Please email the BCAMA Director of Board Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your expression of interest.