The Director, Marketer of the Year is responsible to create, plan and execute one of the most prestigious marketing events of the year in BC. The Marketer of the Year event celebrates marketing excellence and is a great opportunity to bring marketers at all career levels together to honour their peers and be inspired by work during one of the most challenging periods of our history. 2021 will mark the 50th anniversary of this awards event and for the first time, it will be held virtually. Working with a team of volunteers whom you recruit, you have the exciting opportunity to rethink and reshape how this event will unfold.
This event celebrates the following awards: one Marketer of the Year winner and up to 10 Marketing Excellence winners in such categories as: Cause Marketing or Not-For-Profit Marketing, Marketing on a Shoestring, Digital / Data Marketing and more.
- Create, plan and execute the overall strategy for a virtual Marketer of the Year awards event including the Marketing Excellence awards.
- Create an effective project plan and workback schedule identifying key tasks, milestones, risks and mitigations, and roles and responsibilities.
- Create a communication plan to effectively market the award nominations and applications, and generate event sponsorship, advertising and registration revenue.
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteers to help execute the event including conducting weekly conference calls to review the project plan, key deliverables and progress.
- Review, update and post the nomination process of the MOY award and the Marketing Excellence awards including setting submission deadlines.
- Revenue generation.
- Event Coordination.
- Post-event analysis: Provide a report summarizing the event including financials, award winner and attendee feedback, successes, challenges and process improvements.
- Liaise with the President and Immediate Past President, who together are responsible to recruit and manage a team of respected senior marketers to act as awards judges.
- Responsibly manage a portfolio budget (when applicable).
- Act as an ambassador for the BCAMA, connecting with other members of the marketing community to promote BCAMA benefits and initiatives, including events.
- Refer opportunities for sponsorships to the BCAMA Business Development and Sponsorship directors.
It is estimated that this role will require on average 6 hours per week in the early days of planning this event, with heightened levels of activity (10+ hours per week) in the six weeks leading up to the event.
Being on the BCAMA Board:
The BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association (BCAMA) provides inspiration, guidance and resources to advance the professional development and careers of BC’s marketing community by fostering thought leadership, learning and career and social connections. Being on the BCAMA board means you are connected to the larger community while also being part of a close-knit team of like-minded marketers who care about this organization and each other. Positivity, fun and supporting one another are priorities.
How to Apply:
For more information about this role, please contact Jacqueline.Simpson@BCAMA.com.
To submit your application for this role, click Apply Now below which will take you to a web form. We look forward to receiving your application.